Brownies, quick to make with no fancy methods to follow. I mean whats not to love about a good sticky chocolatey brownie with a tall glass of milk, or a double scoop of home made vanilla bean ice cream?
This is what I like to bake on my days of in large amount and just store them in big air tight glass jars. So when I come home after a long day of work I just grab one ( sometimes 2 or 3) and pour myself a glass of milk and just sit back and relax while enjoying a bit of heaven.
Method: Preheat oven to 160C/320C
550 g Dark Chocolate
500 ml Cream
125 g Butter
• Bring the cream to the boil, chop the chocolate add the chocolate to the cream and stir until it is melted, chop the butter and stir it into the cream.
• Leave it to cool and then either pipe it in or roll it into balls.
• Can be left plain or enrobe in chocolate.
White Chocolate & Cardamom Truffles
900 g White Chocolate
270 g Cream
1⁄4 Vanilla Pod
3 Cardamom Pods
50 g Soft Butter
• Bring the cream, cardamom and the vanilla pod to the boil
Almond Sweet pastry
Wrap in plastic and rest in fridge for 5 minutes
Remove from fridge, line shells and blind bake at 160C for 12 minute
When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 180C, scatter the blueberries in the bottom of pastry shells and pour mixture over them finish with a few over the top as well.
Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until risen and lightly firm. Dust with icing sugar and serve warm.
• 500g plain flour
• 1tsp baking powder
• 5g dry yeast
• ½ tsp ground cardamom
• 1 ½ tsp sugar
• 175ml milk
• 1 egg
• 150g ghee
• 2g saffron
• 75ml cream
• Sift the flour, add the yeast cardamom and salt into a bowl
• Make stock syrup with 75ml of water and the sugar
• Add in the milk to the sugar stock syrup and allow to cool
• Once cooled add eggs and whisk well
• Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and knead till you have a soft ball of dough
• Rest dough under damp cloth for 30 minutes
• Melt 100g ghee and then knead it into the dough
• Rest in the fridge for one hour under a damp cloth once again
• Place saffron with the cream and heat up to a simmer then remove from heat and allow to
• Once dough has rested divide into 8 even balls and roll out into 5-8 cm disks
• Rest once more in the fridge for 15 minutes
• Once rested dock the disks and place into a 180C oven for 20-25 minute or till golden brown
• Remove and brush with remaining ghee and saffron cream
Subscribe for instant email notification on Blog posts, news and upcoming events.
I'm a chef at heart and by trade, enjoy what I do and have a passion for the culinary world.