Boiled Buttercream Icing :
Soft Ball stage 114-116°c
• Combine sugar, water and lemon juice in pan, bring to boil to create stock syrup till it reaches 114-116C.
• Whisk whites to stiff peak, add syrup in slow stream, whisk in mixer for 5 minutes, place
mixture in bowl (egg whites should be firm and have a glossy appearance)
• Place butter in mixer for 30 seconds to soften
• Melt chocolate on bain-marie (Double Boiler), slowly add to butter in mixer, then add meringue mix spoon
• Fold mixture till it is well combined, place in refrigerate and allow to firm up.
When firm you can now use it to ice your cake or cupcakes
Subscribe for instant email notification on Blog posts, news and upcoming events.
I'm a chef at heart and by trade, enjoy what I do and have a passion for the culinary world.